Solar technology laboratory is dedicated for detailed characterization of laboratory scale and large scale photovoltaic cells and solar-thermal systems under sun-simulated illumination.
We are equipped with high quality solar simulators (AAA), quantum efficiency measurement system and UV-preconditioning system.
The large scale solar simulator from Eternal Sun is the first in Poland simulator providing constant light irradiation on 1.5×2 m area and one of few in Europe. It was awarded as a today’s top photovoltaic technology by PV magazine in 2015 and allows measurements on third generation of photovoltaic panels requiring long time illumination.
The experimental setups present in the solar technology laboratory allows:
- Measurements of IV curves for PV panels with maximum dimensions of 1.5 x 2 m under constant illumination (AM0 or AM 1.5), at different angles between panel and a light source and determination of solar cells parameters: Isc, Imp, Voc, Vmp, FF, P max, efficiency, Rseries, Rshunt, standard test conditions (STC) data.
- Characterization of laboratory scale photovoltaic cells up to 16 x 16 cm2 under constant illumination (beam-down) and determination of solar cells parameters,
- Preconditioning test of solar panels under constant UV illumination (degradation tests),
- Characterization of spectral response (internal and external quantum efficiency) of photovoltaic cells in the range of 200-1100 nm dedicated single photovoltaic cells,
- Testing of solar-thermal systems: collectors under constant illumination and windy conditions.